Preparing for Indoor Worship
We have resumed indoor worship at a limited capacity on a biweekly basis. This service will be at 10:15am, and the following precautions will be a part of our gathering, most of them adopted from MA state guidelines for places of worship:
- Physical distancing and mask-wearing required. If health considerations preclude you from wearing a mask, please worship with us digitally or at our continuing outdoor services.
- Limited to 30 people. Advance sign-ups required. Sign up by clicking here.
- Singing will not be part of our indoor worship at this time.
- Hygienically packaged communion elements distributed upon entry and you’ll share in the Meal from your pew.
- Service will be shorter than usual, and socializing indoors is discouraged. (You are welcome to chat outdoors!)
- Restrooms will be open, limited to one person at a time.
- Staff members’ offices are closed unless the staff member invites you in. (Knock on our doors, and we’ll meet you in the hallway!)
- Enter through the front doors and exit through one of the side doors. Those who need the accessibility of the front door may exit through there.)
- There will be a limited supply of paper bulletins, and if you are able, we encourage you to bring a smart device and download the bulletin.
- Before attending, please run through the usual self-check most public places require, and do not attend indoor worship if you are not feeling well, if you have traveled outside of New England in the previous two weeks, or if you have been in contact with someone who is confirmed or suspected to have COVID19.
Sign up for indoor worship
We seek to resume meaningful public indoor worship sometime in the fall of 2020 at a time and in ways that enable GSLC to remain a safe space. We will pursue this goal by making decisions that are informed by scripture, by our best understanding of science and data and by guidance from the Massachusetts and Worcester County public health offices.
Current Worship Schedule
Outdoor worship will be offered on the weeks when we are not having indoor worship. We’ll check the forecast on Fridays as we prepare to send out the weekly news. On the Sundays that weather is cooperating and above 40 degrees , we’ll confirm that worship is continuing outdoors; so bring a chair, and maybe a blanket. On the days that the temperature falls below 40 degrees we will make use of our new AM transmitter for a drive-in worship.
February 14: Digital worship at 9am; Indoor worship at 10:15am.
February 17 Ash Wednesday: AM Transmitter worship at 12 Noon; Digital worship at 7 pm.
February 21: Digital worship at 9am; AM Transmitter worship at 10:15am.
February 28: Digital worship at 9am; Indoor worship at 10:15am.
March 7: Digital worship at 9am; AM Transmitter worship at 10:15am.
March 14: Digital worship at 9am; Indoor worship at 10:15am
March 21: Digital worship at 9am; AM Transmitter worship at 10:15am.