- Kiosk in front foyer contains helpful “Care Notes” on a variety of topics as well as notices about health events, newspaper & magazine articles etc.
- Parish nurse: monthly blood pressure readings taken in between the 3 church services.
- Good Shepherd Messenger: this monthly newsletter contains an article written by the parish nurse.
- Web site where you can find trustworthy health information: www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus
- Web site with information that can assist in discussions regarding future care: www.agingwithdignity.com. Brochures from this website are called Five Wishes, and are available on the kiosk. The Five Wishes document helps you express how you want to be treated if you are seriously ill and unable to speak for yourself. It is unique among all other living will and health agent forms because it looks to all of a person’s needs: medical, personal, emotional and spiritual.